Saturday, March 23, 2019
10:00am (doors open at 9:30am)
Centre for Social Innovation Annex
720 Bathurst Avenue, Toronto ON
Calling all youth! Youth4Music is hosting a FREE event in Toronto for youth under 30!
Music as … connection, inspiration, creation, opportunity, innovation … Join youth leaders in Toronto
to discuss the importance of music for youth, participate in the day by offering solutions through music with benefits to local communities, and learn from wise voices during a panel discussion and network mixer. The day will include live music, engaging conversation, good food, and leadership opportunities.
Youth4Music is a program dedicated to Canadian youth inspiring and building community through music. Through the creation of regional, provincial, and national networks, youth leaders are empowered to collaborate in the development of projects that raise the awareness of the benefits of music in our lives. Youth4Music is a program of the Coalition for Music Education in Canada. Led by youth, for youth, through music.
(Youth Panel Moderator)
Do you have a project idea?
We’re looking for fresh ideas on how to support music in communities. Select and expand on an idea below or develop an idea of your own, based on the musical needs in your community. We encourage youth to collaborate with their local Youth4Music Hub, a group of friends, or work independently. Project Plan proposals will be presented at the symposium via poster presentation, and then further discussed as a group. We hope to inspire further plans for action and positive change for music in Toronto.
Youth4Music Project Plan suggestions include:
- A performance project plan for a local jam night or open mic for youth.
- An activity plan template for student classes to recognize and reflect on the importance of music in their school.
- A masterclass lecture series involving local champions for music education.
- An informational platform targeted at parents on the benefits of music and music education for youth.
- The business of being a musician toolkit to support youth planning special projects, tips on time management, branding, and how to collaborate with others.
- How to develop a business plan as musician.
- Starting a local student led music club in your school or community
- A plan for increasing local participation in your community through music
For questions please contact Sharon Tikiryan, Youth4Music Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org